Click above to view Super Sticker Installation Overview
Click above to view the key features that make Super Stickers the best choice.
Click above to view how our Super Stickers are removed without damage to floors.
Indoor “sensory paths” and “sensory hallways” have been all the buzz lately and there are a lot of different materials out there. We’ve been researching, testing and developing a sticker line over the last few months and have developed a product that we feel is superior when considering safety, durability and ease of application. Yes, it’s more expensive than most but the investment will be worth it and here’s why:
- WHAT’S THE DIFFERENCE? Our stickers are made of thick adhesive material, not a thin film or tape like all others. This will factor into how easy it can be applied and removed. Ours is manufactured with a 3M adhesive material that are specifically made for permanent floor applications in schools, unlike films or tapes. Your custodial staff will immediately be at ease hearing the 3M name, as they will be familiar with the reputation of 3M.
- HOW LONG WILL THESE STICKERS LAST? These stickers can last for 4 years BUT…there are several factors that could affect the actual durability of them including condition of flooring or wall, quality of preparation and application, and maintenance, location, temperature changes and foot traffic, to name a few. We’d love to warranty these but no company will.
- WHY SHOULD WE BUY THIS STICKER, WHY NOT GO CHEAP? As a premium material, our 3M Super Stickers feature really important qualities necessary to the safety, durability and maintenance of the stickers and space you are applying them. Your custodial staff will have a lot of questions about application, maintenance and removal and so we’ve tried to cover it all. These quality features are:
- Anti-slip surfaces: Our sticker has a slightly textured surface that makes them safer for kids. Films and tapes do not have these features.
- Protective coating: Our stickers have a clear layer that protects the graphic from foot traffic, spills and general wear and tear. Films and tapes do not have this feature and surfaces will damage easily.
- Quality adhesive: Our sticker uses an adhesive specifically for floors that makes removal spotless with little or no residue left behind and come up in one pieces. Films and tapes leave a lot of residue and tear during removal, making removal laborious and can damage flooring resulting in unforeseen expense.
- Low glare finish: Our sticker has a luster type of finish, not gloss which is important in case of power outage and emergency access is needed with minimal distraction and glare. Films and tapes are typically glossy finished.
- Flammability: Our sticker has a Class A fire rating so it meets typical flammability requirements. Some films and tapes meet flammability standards, but not all.
- Bubble-free material: This is critical for do-it-your-selfers. Our sticker has air-release channels, the only material of it’s kind that when applied, any bubbles, if any occur, can be rubbed out easily. Films and tapes do not have these features resulting in difficult, clumsy application with entrapped air bubbles that wear and degrade quickly.
- Repositionable: Our sticker has pressure-sensitive adhesive so you can make adjustments in field. Films and tapes can easily tear if erroneously applied, removed and reapplied, compromising it’s durability.
- Custom Designs: Let your imagination soar as we can print custom designs or logos too. 🙂 Most films and tapes do not have this ability as they come in one standard color and are not printed.
- WHAT TYPES OF FLOORING AND WALLS CAN THE STICKERS BE APPLIED TO? Please review the 3M spec sheet for a list of approved application surfaces. These stickers can adhere to smooth surfaced walls as well. It is recommended that you order a free sample to test the sticker on your floor or wall, following the directions on the spec sheet. Although carpet and rubber floors are not on this list, please request a free sticker sample to test it as this product may work on it as well.
- CAN WE APPLY THESE STICKERS OUTDOORS TO PAVEMENT or CARPET? These stickers are meant for indoor impervious applications, however, due to interest we are researching a material that is designed for outdoor pavement applications.
- CAN THE FLOORS BE STRIPPED WITHOUT DAMAGING THE STICKERS? Currently, 3M (nor any other tape or film manufacturer) does not recommend that stripping product be applied over the stickers; therefore, we recommend stripping around the stickers so that the floors surrounding the stickers can be stripped and re-waxed. We will be conducting our own testing to determine the outcome of this scenario. Please order a sample and test for yourself if you’d like. 🙂
- NEED FURTHER INFORMATION ABOUT INSTALLATION AND MAINTENANCE? Click here to download 3Ms spec sheet. Your custodial team will love you for this. And if you need the full spec sheet(s), please request at email@example.com.
Have more questions or need help planning? Please feel to e-chat with us, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (800) 681-0684. We’re always happy to help!