Spray Chalk for Active Sidewalks April 12, 2020
How To (Properly) Scrub Your Hands, Feat. Jaiden March 24, 2020
Spray Chalk for Active Sidewalks
Spray Chalk for Active Sidewalks - We did the testing so you don't have to!
When you're creating an Active Sidewalk, what kind of materials should you use? Paint? Spray chalk? There's a lot of options, so we broke them down for you!
Liquid paint is best for permanent applications, such as for a town project or park space on pavement, and should not be used for a temporary active sidewalk. Liquid paint can be ordered through Fit and Fun Playscapes or purchased at any local hardware store, though at Fit and Fun Playscapes we coordinate how much paint and supplies you'll need. Plus, we partner with Sherwin-Williams paint and include an anti-skid additive and color options. Delivery is also typically free.
Montana Chalk Spray – Chalk-based spray, could last months (depending on weather), vibrant colors, good variety, large 11 oz. cans, removal needs power-washing. Costs about $12 per can.
Chalk It All - Water-based spray, lasts for days (depending on weather), pastel colors, 5 colors only, smaller 7 oz. cans, removal just needs a hose typically. Costs about $6.45 per can.
Testors Spray Chalk - Water-based spray, lasts for days and in some cases weeks (depending on weather), deeper pastel colors, 5 colors only, smaller 6 oz. cans, removal with a hose and some brushing. Costs about $5.50 per can.
Liquid Paint vs. Spray Chalk - Pros and Cons
Paint Pros and Cons
- Some, like Fit & Fun options, have anti-skid additive included, and tools can be included as an option
- Pre-selected colors or custom
- More expensive up front, but more efficient
Chalk Pros and Cons
- Temporary of varying lengths of time
- Spray, liquid or stick
- Spray – easy to use, aerosol, variety in terms of wear and price
- Liquid – easy to use but not very durable, plus the coverage seems thin. Not recommended for large projects.
- Stick – easy to use, breaks a lot, labor-intensive, temporary. Not recommended for large projects.
Use #ChalktheWalk or #ActiveSidewalk to show us your own Active Sidewalk space!! You could win a prize!
- active sidewalks, chalk the walk, healthy lifestyle, reusable stencils, sensory pathways, spray chalk